Friday, May 23, 2008

Nest Building


Greyhair and I have always described ourselves as "Nest Builders" in that we love our home, not in a prideful way, but as a place where we express ourselves and snuggle in. There are few places we'd rather be than in our home, wherever that may be.

We love to cook, we keep a pretty clean home and we love our yard and gardens. Sadly, both of us were married previously to people who did not share our passion for home and hearth. Luckily, we found each other and the connection we made on that level was almost instantaneous. (We cooked dinner together on our third date, but I digress)

This random stream of consciousness was brought on by the fact that Greyhair found another bird's nest in our potted lemon tree yesterday. We'd seen on of the species of bird that parented our previous nest in April, (Oregon Junco, I think) loitering about, but I couldn't find the nest when I looked. Well, find it we did with another 4 eggs, just like the last one and they hatched yesterday. Boy are they naked! I was afraid I'd killed them because I watered the tree not knowing about the nest, but all are fine. Here's a picture of Momma Bird, having a cow because I was checking on the kids. Now that I have a picture of my second batch of bird-babies, I'll leave her alone.

No comments: